1 eggplant, cut into 3/8″ slices (don’t slice too thin!)
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
2tsp Italian seasoning
2tbs parmesan or nutritional yeast
1/2 cup flax meal
1 cup water
1.5 cup panko
Olive oil spray/Pam
Serve with pasta and sauce of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Slice egg plant. Lay out flat on cheese towel and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 20 minutes and complete steps 3, 4, and 5. After 20 minutes dab the excess water off the egg plant
3. In a bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and cheese.
4. In another bowl mix the flax meal and water in a ninja blender. Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. In third bowl, fill with panko bread crumbs.
6. Dip egg plant in the bowls- flour, egg, and panko and lay on greased pan.
7. Spray the top the eggplants with olive oil spray/Pam
6. Bake for 20 minutes, and flip the eggplants over. Then start boiling water for pasta of your choice.
7. Bake another 25 minuets (45 min total)
8. Serve with pasta and sauce.