One whole can drained, rinsedThe best Vegetarian dishes, are those that make you forget meat is evne an option.
- Buffalo Sauce an Quinoa Bites
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I use Franks)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa 91 cup uncooked quina makes 3 cups cooked, See “The Basics: Quinoa”
- 1 cup cannellini beans, mashed (1 whole can drained, rinsed, and processed in food processor)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon peper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese
(Or Greek yogart, milk, and a ranch packet)
- 1-2 cups leftover (optional)
- 8 cups of butter lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced or chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 24 ounces gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled
Make the dressing. Combine all ingredients except the blue cheese in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the blue cheese and place in the fridge while you make the salads.
Make the buffalo sauce. Combine the melted butter, olive oil, hot sauce and seasoned salt in a medium size bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside
In another bowl combine the quinoa, mashed cannellini beans, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and 4 tablespoons of the buffalo sauce. Mix well to moisten the ingredients and then form into 30-35 equal size balls (about 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon of the quinoa mixture). Squeeze the balls together tightly with your hands, being careful.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add half the balls to skillet and cook until golden and crisp on all sides, about five minutes. Gently (very gently) toss about 10 balls at a time with the buffalo sauce or you can dip each ball in the sauce as well if you are afraid the balls will crumble.
To assemble the salads, combine lettuce and carrots in bowls or on plates. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then toss. Top with an equal amount of green onions and fries, then add the buffalo quinoa bites on top. Cover in blue cheese, then drizzle with the dressing and add any remaining buffalo sauce. Go to town!
Trial: 350 for 20 min, then pan sear.
Also Try: With cheddar cheese inside, or instead of buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce.